Sunday, April 6, 2008

A little of me

Some time ago, maybe 25 years ago .. I started to write poetry, mainly because I was depressed and I would like to share one with you. But first I would like to share a letter with you that I never sent to my father on father’s day.

Dear Dad,

HAPPY FATHERS DAY

I just wanted to say THANK YOU
Here are a few reasons for my gratefulness.
You made me strong, able to face daily challenges head on
You taught me to always tell the truth, regardless of the consequences or who it may hurt.
I am 39 years old, a mother of 3 beautiful children, grandmother of 2, I am a homeowner, a good career, I don’t do drugs, or drink anymore. I own a car, financed to the back, and a stack of bills that I can’t see over.
Yes dad you taught me how to be independent, pay bills, stand on my own two feet and to trust no one. Yes dad you did your job.
The only thing I ever wanted was for you to be proud of me. And you won’t even talk to me.
I realized along time ago no one is perfect-not even parents. I can forgive but never forget. I can learn from my mistakes but never dwell on them.
Dad I LOVE YOU, I am still your daughter no matter what has happened. You choose me 32 years ago when you adopted me. I only pray that you could Love me and except me for who I am…. Your Daughter… mistakes and all.

All my love

Now for the poetry….

Love

Summer is at a close my Love
No flowers are in bloom
The leaves are turning colors
And falling to the earth
The sun is mostly hiding
As the clouds hang lazy in the sky
The air is turning chilly
Winter is close by
Wrap your arms around me
Protect me from the cold
Until next year when
Spring is in the air
When the trees are in bloom
And the birds begin to sing
Of a renewed Love
And maybe a new dream

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

No comments: