Sunday, April 6, 2008

Family

FAMILY

As I think about Family I consider what family means to me.
It use to mean the people related to me, either threw birth or by marriage. But As I study the Bible and what God says about family, we are all family. Those who believe in Christ are in God’s family.
Another thing I considered was why are we the meanest to our own flesh and blood? For example, your brother steals something and is sent to jail, someone might say he is stupid, he’s no good, he’ll never amount to anything? But God says that No matter what the sin if you believe in me your forgiven.. John 3:16 Yet we cannot forgive each other.
I use to be consumed with my own family, trying to make everyone happy, to provide for each one, to set everything aside for everyone. I didn’t get to much done. I had lost myself and I didn’t know Jesus.
My life is different know. I pray daily, sometimes all day. I have lots of sisters that I can call and just chit chat with, I am a volunteer at Church, I get lots of hugs and hello’s, I feel Loved without reservations, (something I still don’t feel from some of my own family members) people I don’t even know who belong in God’s family, come and talk to me about God and ask for my opinion.
I now know that I AM A BELOVED CHILD OF GOD AND A SISTER TO JESUS.. Mark 3:33 and I belong to a un-imaginable amount of Brothers and Sisters in Christ

No comments: