Saturday, November 24, 2007

God is my Pilot

I constantly see bumper stickers that say “God is my Co-Pilot”. I couldn’t disagree more with this statement. I mean if God is just a co-pilot than who is really in control? It’s a misconception that we are allowing God in the drivers seat of our lives. Co-pilot means helper. I don’t want him to help, I want God in control.
I mean when I thought I was in control my life was a joke. I couldn’t do anything right. I lived a life of sin. My marriage was in disarray. My job situation was unhappy. I had absolutely no direction for my life or my future.
Once I excepted Christ into my life, I wasn’t sure what it all ment, but I went to church, entered a small group, and with God in control, understanding came pretty easily. I can’t even begin to tell you all the Blessing’s that he has bestowed upon our family since that first day of our lives as Christ Followers.
I can tell you that it’s a journey that I don’t ever want to stop.
Yes God is our Pilot in life’s journey. You should try it! It doesn’t hurt. You can start learning here, It’s a post from our pastor at SouthBrook Church.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings, and God Bless

No comments: